At Charles Watson (Ironmongers) Ltd, we take your privacy seriously, as such we are committed to ensure your privacy is protected and any personal information you trust with us is stored and used appropriately. This following document details how we collect and use your personal information.
This policy is effective as of the 25th May 2018.
Your information we collect
We pride ourselves of building long lasting relationships with our customers and this depends on us being transparent about the information we may collect from you, below is a list of the types of information we may gather:
- Information that you provide to set up a credit account with us, including but not limited to trade references, postal address, email address and your telephone number.
- Information from analytics software about your use of our websites including but not limited to your IP address the number that uniquely identifies a specific computer).
- Information you supply to register or purchase goods from our websites.
- Information you provide to us when taking part in market research or responding to marketing communications.
- Information you provide when responding on our social media platforms.
We always ensure that we have a lawful basis for processing the personal that we collect.
How we will use your information
To keep you informed and provide the service you expect, we will need to use your information from time to time. However, we will use and store your information in a responsible manner. We may use your information to:
- Supply the products and services you purchase
- Send you statements and invoices related to your credit account
- Collect payments from you
- Send you marketing communications
- Administer and personalise our websites for you including enabling your access to restricted website services.
- Publish information about you on our websites, for example, information you share related to blogs or social media posts.
The security of your information held by Charles Watson (Ironmongers) Ltd, is our responsibility, as such any partners or suppliers acting on our behalf will need to maintain our strict security procedures when handling your information.
We may also need to disclose your personal information as required by law, in connection with any current or forthcoming legal proceedings or to maintain our legal rights.
Your personal information is all stored on our servers within the UK.
How long your information is kept
Your information is kept by us for only as long as necessary, and is deleted promptly when it is no longer needed. If you have any questions regarding the length of time we keep your information please email [email protected]. If you would like us to delete your data, you can make a deletion request by emailing [email protected]. Please be aware that even if you request deletion of your data, we may still retain it if we have a lawful basis for doing so.
Your information held securely
As you have trusted us with your personal information we will ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to prevent any mis-use, loss or alteration of this information. As such, we have invested in technology such as secure servers, accounts software to store and manage your information, including encryption technology used for processing your information during online purchases.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to request access to your personal data, amendments to it and for it to be deleted. You can access and update the personal information we hold on you at any time. Please contact [email protected] and we will grant you access to your information. Please note it may take up to one month for you to receive access, and if your request is for a large amount of information there may be a charge for our administrative costs
It is your responsibility to update any personal information we hold on you i.e. change of address. If you would like to check or update your personal information please email to: [email protected] and a member of our customer services team will be able to help.
Change of marketing preferences
You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to change to receive or not receive marketing communications by post, telephone, email or SMS. Please note it may take up to one month for these changes to come into effect.
Withdrawal of consent
You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing communication at any time. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to withdraw your consent. Please note it may not be possible to stop using your information immediately if we have already scheduled to do so automatically.
A cookie is a small file (typically letters and numbers) which may be placed on your computer when you access our website. Through the cookie, we can recognise your computer and browsing activity if you return to our website.
- We use analytical tools which allow us to collect information about how you use our site. If you access our website directly (e.g. not via an email) your visits will be tracked anonymously.
- We use analytical tools to understand how our website is being used in order to improve the experience for you. All user data is anonymous.
We use social buttons such as Facebook, Google, Twitter and LinkedIn to share or bookmark pages on our site or email updates. Those sites may collect information about your internet activity, including if you visit our site (even if you don’t click on the button if you’re logged onto their site). You should check the privacy and cookies policy of each of these sites to see how they use your information and find out how to opt out and delete such information if required.
Our website does not require you to input personal data to use it. You may, however, volunteer personal data e.g. name, address, email address etc, to request information, updates and our services. The information you provide it in order for us to deal with your query appropriately.
Updates to this policy